We The People takes the U.S. Constitution out of its glass box, bringing to life this momentous document and its vital role throughout history and the modern world.
* 2021 EUREKA! Nonfiction Children’s Honor Book *
* 2021 Notable Social Studies Trade Books *
“An enlightening addition to upper elementary and middle school collections for its in-depth look at the Constitution and the U.S. government.” – School Library JournalSee the U.S. Constitution in a new light with this bold, modern and accessible illustrated guide to the document that helped define democracy.
With the unprecedented events and actions that have tested the American political system over the last four years, including the violent overtaking of the U.S. Capitol Building, there has never been a better time to take a closer look at the Constitution
, the bedrock of U.S. politics. As part of the critical discussion of current events at school and at home, inquisitive minds will have their questions vividly answered – and new ones raised – by a mix of striking illustrations
and clear, engaging text
, including passages from the Constitution given in plain English
As well as a detailed history covering the original Constitution
, the Bill of Rights
and all Amendments
, discover how this milestone in American democracy shapes and is shaped by the world at large. We The People
shows that, far from a fusty old piece of paper, the U.S. Constitution is a living, evolving rule book
that is as relevant today as it has ever been.
We The People
- A fresh take on a monumental document, navigating in style its history and its life today.
Excerpts from the Constitution are presented here in plain English to help young thinkers better understand the role it plays in everyday life.
- Accessible, energetic text accompanied by contemporary, powerful illustrations allows children aged 10 and older to re-think the Constitution in a totally new way.
- A balanced examination that does not shy away from addressing the difficulties of interpreting and adapting the Constitution for the modern world.
takes the Constitution out of its display case, blows off the dust and re-imagines this piece of history for the next generation.